over the past few months of living in Colorado, both Rob and I have had our days of longing for "home" (Oregon)... This past week has been one of my weakest in that area. I have been feeling so home-sick and longing for my family and friends. I realized a lot of this was rooted in how different Fall is here... so after a night of crying to Rob about my feelings... we decided that I needed to fully embrace the season here! So we planned a weekend full of Fall Fun!!! =0) I went to a few stores to get some cheap but cute decorations for our apartment... looked up some autumn recipes... and researched where we could go to find a pumpkin patch! So yesterday (Saturday) Rob and I went south to Diane's Pumpkin Patch in Canon City, picked out the perfect pumpkins, went through the corn maze, came home and made cider, carved out pumpkins, then had home-made pumpkin soup! (never made that before... but wow! so yummy!) Today we are going to a new church, then to a near-by state park to walk through the remaining fall leaves, then i am making home-made pumpkin pie (also a first!) It has been a wonderful weekend! =0)
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Fall Fun!
Autumn is absolutely my favorite season! I love the colors it brings... the thoughts of holidays approaching... being with family... yummy foods... and so, so, much more! I was a little disappointed coming back from the Philippines this autumn because it seems that the leaves changed colors overnight... when we left there wasn't a yellow tree around and now that we are back, most trees have already lost their leaves. =( but i was able to catch a few of them in full beauty!



over the past few months of living in Colorado, both Rob and I have had our days of longing for "home" (Oregon)... This past week has been one of my weakest in that area. I have been feeling so home-sick and longing for my family and friends. I realized a lot of this was rooted in how different Fall is here... so after a night of crying to Rob about my feelings... we decided that I needed to fully embrace the season here! So we planned a weekend full of Fall Fun!!! =0) I went to a few stores to get some cheap but cute decorations for our apartment... looked up some autumn recipes... and researched where we could go to find a pumpkin patch! So yesterday (Saturday) Rob and I went south to Diane's Pumpkin Patch in Canon City, picked out the perfect pumpkins, went through the corn maze, came home and made cider, carved out pumpkins, then had home-made pumpkin soup! (never made that before... but wow! so yummy!) Today we are going to a new church, then to a near-by state park to walk through the remaining fall leaves, then i am making home-made pumpkin pie (also a first!) It has been a wonderful weekend! =0)




over the past few months of living in Colorado, both Rob and I have had our days of longing for "home" (Oregon)... This past week has been one of my weakest in that area. I have been feeling so home-sick and longing for my family and friends. I realized a lot of this was rooted in how different Fall is here... so after a night of crying to Rob about my feelings... we decided that I needed to fully embrace the season here! So we planned a weekend full of Fall Fun!!! =0) I went to a few stores to get some cheap but cute decorations for our apartment... looked up some autumn recipes... and researched where we could go to find a pumpkin patch! So yesterday (Saturday) Rob and I went south to Diane's Pumpkin Patch in Canon City, picked out the perfect pumpkins, went through the corn maze, came home and made cider, carved out pumpkins, then had home-made pumpkin soup! (never made that before... but wow! so yummy!) Today we are going to a new church, then to a near-by state park to walk through the remaining fall leaves, then i am making home-made pumpkin pie (also a first!) It has been a wonderful weekend! =0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad you found a fun way to deal with your disappointments! Loved chatting with you the other day :)
brave of you to wear auburn orange these days. ;)
JN
me too sarah! me too!
or bronco orange for that matter! haha... lets just call it fall orange! hehe =0)
Yikes! Bronson's holding a pumpkin carving knife!!! Eek! :) I bet you know who posted this! :D
Post a Comment